Insurance Recovery & Restoration
Natural disasters & Accidents Happen. We Can Help!
If you have experienced fire and/or water damage to your art or frames it is important that you take immediate action and
CALL US RIGHT AWAY!
We are ready to respond and will take it from there.
Frame Dimensions specializes in the cleaning, repair and restoration of art and frames that have been damaged by natural disasters or accidents. We are dedicated to helping our clients recover and restore their treasured art and frames. We provide art handling, remediation, transport, evaluation, storage and complete restoration services. Fires, puff backs, water leaks and other household accidents are the most common but can still cause major damage to your cherished artwork, photographs and frames.
In a typical day at our Manchester custom framing and restoration studio, we work with all types of natural disaster and accident damage one might encounter, such as smoke, fire, soot, odor, water, fungus, mildew, punctures, rips, scratches, discoloration, and broken frames and glass just to name a few! We have completed many extraordinary restorations (originally thought impossible) of art and frames for our clients. After a devastating loss, it is a proud moment for our team when we are able to exceed a client’s expectations by saving a cherished painting or wedding portrait. Clients are invited to visit our studio and view the progress of restoration projects they have entrusted to us.
What’s The Process?
Art & Frame Restoration Services for Natural Disasters and Accidents
Original Oils and Acrylics on canvas or board
- Neutralizing, cleaning and removal of surface dirt, stains, wall paint, smoke, etc.
- Removal of Mildew, Moisture and Water Damage related problems
- Fungus and Pet related damage issues
- Removal of old linseed oil and yellowing varnishes.
- Removal of improperly over-painted and unprofessionally repaired paintings.
- Restoration & repairs on badly cracked or blistered paintings.
- Lining or adding new canvas backings to torn or damaged paintings.
- Repairing of holes, tears, dents, scrapes, scratches and flaking paint.
- Filling and repainting missing areas and badly damaged areas, (exact color and brush stroke matching).
- Re-stretching and tightening of loose canvases.
- Replacement of damaged or broken stretcher bars.
- Final varnishing and drying.
Watercolors, Serigraphs, Etchings, Engravings, and other paper art
- Neutralization of acidity in the art’s paper.
- Archival conservation mounting of art on proper archival backing.
- Repairing of holes, tears, scrapes, cuts, paper punctures and dents.
- Removal of dirt, and other soiling.
- Treatment of Mildew, Moisture and Water damage related problems
- Fungus and pet related damage
- Repainting and restoration of the art image.
- Archival Conservation framing with ultra violet protective glazing.
- Complete digital restoration of photographs and documents
Antique and Contemporary Frames
- Corner repair, re-gluing, and closing.
- Replace missing ornamentation, casting new, or carving to match.
- Repair of cracked or broken plaster.
- Touch up of missing gold leaf.
- Full re-gilding (oil sizing or water gild 23k gold).
- Refinishing of natural wood frames.
- Custom designed frames and finishes